Wednesday 5 October 2011

Nail Stamping


I love nails. I secretly wish I was a nail tech so I could do nails all day. But I'm not so I have to stick to doing my own nails.
I found this pin with a tutorial on how to stamp nails. Pretty cool, very pretty, basic premise. The only problem is I don't have all the fancy tools and when I decided to try this project, I was kind of stuck. I started looking through my mountains of craft stuff and came across my rubber Christmas stamps...

I started with 2 coats of Avon Gun Metal (one of my favourite colours BTW)

Then I painted Avon Vintage Blue onto the stamp. Keep in mind all I have are Christmas theme stamps. I used the holly one because I thought the leaves might look cool.

Can you believe it didn't look as good as the professional?? LOL I did both thumbs. The design is kind of growing on me, but it's certainly not as cool as the nails in the Pin.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to make a trip to Sally Beauty Supply and find some neat tools and polish.


No comments:

Post a Comment